Area leaders to gather to discuss spurring economic growth in Greater Minnesota
The Greater Minnesota Partnership is hosting a series of regional meetings to provide information about the organization and gather feedback from business leaders, economic development professionals, nonprofits, chambers of commerce and government officials to help guide its priorities and agenda going into the 2014 Legislative Session. Topics of discussion will include investments needed for infrastructure (including transportation and broadband), business incentives, tax policy, and regulatory issues.
Those who are interested in growing and improving their local economies are encouraged to attend one of the following meetings:
- Friday, Oct. 11: 9-11 a.m. at Prairie’s Edge Casino Resort in Granite Falls (5616 Prairie’s Edge Lane)
- Wednesday, Oct. 16: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Thief River Falls City Hall (City Council Chambers – 405 Third St. E)
- Friday, Oct. 18: 9-11 a.m. at Beltrami Electric Co-op Community Room in Bemidji (4111 Technology Drive NW)
- Wednesday, Oct. 23: 2-4 p.m. at Red Wing Ignite Building in Red Wing (419 Bush St.)
- Tuesday, Oct. 29: 1-3 p.m. at Northland Arboretum in Baxter (14250 Conservation Drive)
- Friday, Nov. 1: 7-9 a.m. at the Biotechnology Advancement Center in Worthington (1527 Prairie Drive)
Additional meetings may also be added. The meetings are an opportunity to voice concerns and share ideas about how we can promote economic development and ensure a strong future for Greater Minnesota. Please join us!