GMNP elects 2015-16 officers
The GMNP held its annual membership meeting last Thursday in Duluth, during which members elected a new slate of officers to lead the organization for 2015-2016:
- President – Ann Goebel, President of Grit
- Vice President – Nicole Griensewic Mickelson, Executive Director of the Region Nine Development Commission
- Secretary – Heidi Omerza, Ely City Council Member and Past President of the Coalition of Greater Minnesota Cities
- Treasurer – Jennifer Libby, President and CEO of the Owatonna Chamber of Commerce and Tourism
- Past President – Gary Evans, Vice President at Winona State University and former President/CEO of Hiawatha Broadband Communications
We are confident that these officers will be great leaders for the GMNP in the upcoming year! We would also like to thank Gary Evans for his leadership over the past two years. He was the GMNP’s first president and was instrumental in helping to get the organization off the ground. His expertise on economic development issues, particularly broadband, has been a major asset to our organization and we appreciate his hard work and dedication.