State agency heads to visit 11 Greater Minnesota communities
Lt. Gov. Tina Smith and commissioners from nine state agencies will visit 11 communities in western and southwestern Minnesota during the fourth annual “Commissioners on Wheels” tour Sept. 7-9. Their visits will focus on issues and investments related to water, energy and agriculture in Greater Minnesota. The cities scheduled for stops on the tour are Worthington, Luverne, Pipestone, Marshall, Granite Falls, Benson, Morris, Breckenridge, Moorhead and Graceville.
The commissioners who will be joining Lt. Gov. Smith are:
- Shawntera Hardy, commissioner, Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Andrea Vaubel, assistant commissioner, Department of Agriculture
- John Linc Stine, commissioner, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Tom Landwehr, commissioner, Department of Natural Resources
- Mark Phillips, commissioner, Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation Board
- Charlie Zelle, commissioner, Department of Transportation
- Cynthia Bauerly, commissioner, Department of Revenue
- Ken Peterson, commissioner, Department of Labor and Industry
- Mike Rothman, commissioner, Department of Commerce
We strongly encourage GMNP members to attend the meetings in their cities or neighboring communities. Please read this press release for more information about the Commissioners on Wheels tour.