ACTION ALERT – Urge the Senate to include GMNP’s workforce housing tax credit in its tax bill!
The Minnesota Senate is expected to unveil its tax bill on Wednesday. At this point, we are cautiously optimistic that the bill will include the GMNP’s workforce housing tax credit proposal (SF 785, authored by Sen. Goggin), but we need you make an extra push!
Action — Legislators need to hear from YOU!
It is critical that GMNP members and their affiliates call or email Senate Tax Committee Chair Roger Chamberlain, Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka and your own senator by no later than this TUESDAY AFTERNOON and urge them to include the workforce housing tax credit in their tax bill. Let them know that:
- The workforce housing shortage is one of the biggest obstacles to economic growth in Greater Minnesota.
- The workforce housing tax credit (as described in SF 785) is needed to help jump-start the development and construction of middle-income housing in Greater Minnesota.
- Senate Tax Committee Chair Roger Chamberlain: email@example.com or (651) 296-1253
- Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka: Email him using this email form or (651) 296-4875
- To look up your own senator, go to Who Represents Me?
Spread the Word
This type of advocacy is very effective! Please share this email with your members, boards and key staff, and ask them to call or email their legislators as well.
Want more info?
Information on the GMNP’s workforce housing tax credit proposal can be found here.
If you have any questions, please contact GMNP Executive Director Dan Dorman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-245-5204.