Join us for Legislative Action Day!
Happy New Year to all of our Greater Minnesota Partnership members! We hope your 2019 is off to a great start.
Later this month our sister organization, the Coalition of Greater Minnesota Cities, will hold its annual Legislative Action Day. As in recent years, all GMNP members are invited to attend this “day at the Capitol” and lobbying event, which will be held Wednesday, Jan. 30 in St. Paul. We encourage all GMNP members to attend!
Please fill out the online registration form at greatermncities.org/LAD19. The cost is $70 per person, and attendees may pay online or be invoiced later. Please register by Jan. 21.
LEGISLATIVE ACTION DAY SCHEDULE – Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2019
- 10 a.m. – Registration begins at Best Western Capitol Ridge (161 St. Anthony Ave., St. Paul)
- 10:30 a.m. – Legislative update and messaging
- 12 p.m. – Lunch with speaker (Governor-elect Tim Walz is invited)
- 1-5 p.m. – Attendees lobby and meet with legislators at the Capitol complex (note: attendees are responsible for scheduling their own meetings)
- 5 p.m. – Reception at Mancini’s Char House (531 7th St. W, St Paul)
- 6 p.m. – Dinner with legislators at Mancini’s
The full agenda and venue information can be found on this Legislative Action Day flyer.
For those who want to spend the night in St. Paul, a block of rooms is reserved for the CGMC for the nights of Jan. 29-30 at the Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge ($139+tax, call 651-227-8711 to book). The deadline to book a room under the block is Jan. 11.
If you have any questions about Legislative Action Day or other events, please contact Julie Liew at email@example.com or 651-259-1917.