ACTION ALERT – Urge state lawmakers to pass child care legislation this year!
With just days left until the Legislature’s May 20 deadline, it is vital that Greater Minnesota business and community leaders speak up about the dire need for more child care options in Greater Minnesota.
The GMNP is advocating for two important child care initiatives that are currently making their way through the legislative process, but we need your help to urge the Legislature to pass them this year.
Take Action — Lawmakers need to hear from YOU!
It is critical that GMNP members and affiliates contact Governor Tim Walz, House Speaker Melissa Hortman, Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka and your legislators TODAY. Urge them to:
- Pass a bonding bill that contains $10 million for grants to help build or expand child care facilities in Greater Minnesota.
- Pass a jobs bill that contains $2 million to be distributed between the six Minnesota Initiative Foundations (MIFs) for child care business development and provider training. These grants will help stabilize provider loss and start to build much-needed capacity.
In your message, explain how the child care shortage impacts your community and/or business, and let the lawmakers know that Greater Minnesota is counting on them to pass these initiatives this year.
- Contact Governor Walz using this email form or at 800-657-3717
- Contact Speaker Melissa Hortman at email@example.com or 651-296-4280
- Contact Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka using this email form or at 651-296-4875.
- Find contact information for your representative and senator by visiting Who Represents Me?
Spread the Word
This type of advocacy is very effective! Please share this email with your members, boards and key staff and ask them to call or email lawmakers as well.
Questions? If you have any questions, please contact GMNP Executive Director Dan Dorman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-245-5204.