ACTION ALERT: Support rural renters – Contact your federal representative and senators today!
The clock is ticking! With Congress quickly fighting to pass a comprehensive COVID-19 relief package, Greater Minnesotans know that it is necessary to include supports for renters.
The White House has called for final passage of the package by today, March 23. With over a trillion dollars on the line and the window of opportunity to impact its direction closing, it is important for Greater Minnesotans to lend their voices now!
Take Action Now – Contact Your Elected Officials
Contact your Federal Senators and Representative TODAY and urge them to include funding for the USDA Rural Development housing program in the package.
Tell them that:
- You and your community are counting on the Senate and House to include resources for people experiencing homelessness and rental assistance for renters in the COVID-19 response package.
- Even workers who do receive unemployment insurance will still struggle to afford rent.
- Tell your story of the impact COVID-19 has on your community! Share examples of how your city will be effected by the impending rental crisis.
- Find your Federal Representative and Senators here.
Take the COVID-19 Housing Impacts Survey
The Minnesota Housing Partnership is collecting information on real time impacts of COVID-19 on housing to share with policymakers. Fill out this survey to help inform policy and funding decisions.
- For more information, contact Elizabeth Glidden, Director of Strategic Initiatives & Policy for the Minnesota Housing Partnership, at 651-925-5548 or firstname.lastname@example.org.