Governor launches ‘Phase 2’ reopening plan
On May 20, Gov. Walz held a press conference to introduce further guidelines for service businesses to re-open on June 1 and provided a look into the future of re-openings. Below is a description of some of the elements of upcoming phases.
Phase 2 – June 1
- Restaurants and bars: Outdoor dining only, no more than 50 total people, maximum parties of 4 or 6 if you are a family, reservations required, and all workers must wear masks, and customers are encouraged to as well. Cities encouraged to “get creative” on outdoor spaces for restaurants.
- Hair salons, nail salons and tattoo parlors: Open at 25% of fire code capacity, masks are required for patrons and workers, by-appointment only, no walk-ins.
- Campgrounds and charter boats: Open, must be socially distant, DNR website has more information and guidelines (see next article for more information)
- Outdoor sports practice and day camps: Can occur if under 10 people, overnight camps not yet allowed
- If you can telework, you must telework.
Phase 3 – Date Undecided
- Restaurants and bars: Can open indoor dining, 50% capacity indoors, masks required for staff
- Hair salons, nail salons, and tattoo parlors: Open at 50% capacity, masks required for staff and patrons
- Outdoor events: Will be allowed with a maximum of 250 people and masks required
- Pools: Open at 50%
- Gatherings of 20 or fewer are allowed.
Phase 4 – Date Undecided
- Gyms and fitness centers: Open, at 50% capacity, masks required unless strenuously exercising
- Movie theatres and bowling alleys: Open with social distancing