Join Greater Minnesota city leaders at the CGMC Summer Conference
Our partner organization, Coalition of Greater Minnesota Cities (CGMC), is excited to announce its return to n-person events with the 2021 CGMC Summer Conference, which will be held July 29-30 at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center in Alexandria. All GMNP members are welcome to attend; register at greatermncities.org/product/2021-summer-conference-registration/.
The conference agenda includes speakers, presentations and panel discussions featuring state leaders, key legislators and policy experts on an array of important topics such as:
- Lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic and how they can help make your city even stronger
- Plans for possible changes to the Local Government Aid formula
- How bills and budget plans passed in the 2021 legislative sessions could impact your community
- Tips on how to better communicate and find common ground with people in your community and your fellow city leaders despite the rise in polarization
- Creative ideas on ways to improve local parks & trails and capitalize on the recent increase in visitors
The conference also marks the return of the CGMC’s annual awards dinner celebrating legislators and city leaders who had a strong positive impact on Greater Minnesota during the past year. And, of course, it provides opportunities to see old friends and make new ones — in person instead of on a screen!
Hotel Information – CGMC has reserved a block of hotel rooms at Arrowwood at a rate of $139/night. Attendees are responsible for booking their own rooms. Call Arrowwood at 320-762-1124 by June 28 to make a reservation under the CGMC’s block.
Questions? Please contact CGMC Media & Communications Director Julie Liew at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-259-1917.