Applications open for Rural Child Care Innovation Program
First Children’s Finance is seeking communities in Greater Minnesota to participate in the 2021 Rural Child Care Innovation Program. The program aims to strengthen existing early care and education businesses, ensuring that children have continuity of care that prepares them for success in school and beyond and expands the availability of quality child care by creating new and innovative community solutions.
Communities selected to participate in the 2021 program will benefit from support and services from First Children’s Finance, including:
- Events that provide education on the links between quality child care, rural economic development, and viable communities
- Development of a community Core Team to drive change by identifying resources to increase the supply of high quality and affordable child care
- A thorough analysis of the community’s current child care gaps and needs
- Use of First Children’s Finance’s expertise, resources and tools, including research and financial modeling
- Development of a Community Solution Action Plan that includes innovative solutions to increase the supply of high quality and affordable child care
- Support and business improvement services to existing family child care providers and child care centers through business leadership cohorts and one-on-one consulting
The deadline to apply is 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 6. First Children’s Finance is hosting an informational webinar from 1:30 – 2 p.m. on Tuesday, July 20. Information about the webinar and how to apply for the program is available here.