The issue of childcare is increasingly discussed in relation to economic and community development, especially in Greater Minnesota. The GMNP has had this issue on its radar for the last few years, but has not yet developed a clear policy objective in this area.
As we prepare to set our 2018 Policy Positions, we will continue to explore this issue and work with other groups to determine if the GMNP can help play a role in finding a solution to the child care shortage in Greater Minnesota. If you are interested in being involved in this effort, please send us an email at email@example.com.
- Legislative Task Force on Access to Affordable Child Care (January 2017)
- A quiet crisis: Minnesota’s child care shortage (Center for Rural Policy and Development, September 2016)
- Greater Minnesota’s Child Care Center Wage & Rate Survey Results (Minnesota Initiative Foundations, March 2017)
- Southwest Minnesota Child Care Center Wage and Rate Survey Results (March 2017)
- Workforce of Today, Workforce of Tomorrow (U.S. Chamber of Commerce, June 2017)
- Kids Can’t Wait: 2017 Legislative Agenda (Children’s Defense Fund, January 2017)
- It’s time for an ambitious national investment in America’s children (Economic Policy Institute, April 2016)
- United Way of NE Minnesota Child Care Study Results
Bills to Watch
There are no bills to watch at this time.